Continental ContiSportContact 5

Grix17
A tyre worthy of the premium priceGrix17  |18 Oct 2017
Design 5/5 Price 3/5

Audi Q5

Having been on Bridgestone Dueler H/P previously, I took a financial gamble on this CSC5 SUV and I have no regrets. For the extra 20% Over the Dueler and the non-SUV version, and Continental’S famed combination of excellent braking and progressiveness without sacrificing comfort, I am impressed so far. I can feel the limit when cornering but never have to exceed it (thanks to Quattro). Comfort is good despite running higher pressures as recommended by Stamford. The only question mark is over the biggest weakness which is tyre wear as this depends much on driving style. Fingers-crossed.

Excellent braking especially in the wet (main reason for choosing CSC5) Progressive before and at the limit Reasonable comfort for a sporty tyre SUV version should have better tyre wear (420 rated)

Slightly high price but this is expected Slightly less precise steering feel compared to Bridgestone (this seems to be improved in CSC6) Why does Continental have 2 versions in 235/55R19? The non-SUV one is cheaper but has lower wear rating

Kokckin18
Finishing my second set, now going for my thirdKokckin18  |29 Dec 2016
Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Hyundai Elantra

My first set was 17" second is 18" and is nearing the end. Going for my third set, perform very well in all conditions. But became noisy near the end.

Good performance.

None.

coolbluepica
Best tyres ever used.coolbluepica  |23 Jun 2016
Design 5/5 Price 5/5

Kia Forte

I'm a fan of good tyres and tried many brands. Found that the CSC-5 is the best around with excellent grip and nice thread design. Tyre wesr rate acceptable. Price slightly on the high side but it's worth.

1. Grip. 2. Thread design.

1. Road noise.

Chucky2007
Excellent tyres for wet weather (if you want to drive more than 150km/hr) on NSHWChucky2007  |29 Nov 2015
Design 5/5 Price 2/5

Subaru Forester

I had this set of CSC5 fitted 3 weeks ago.. Size 235/50r18. After running in the tyres for 800+ km, did some driving on NSHW to & fro KL for total of 700km, which 50% Of the journey was during heavy rain. The CSC5 cut through water well.. Had good grip on the wet.. Very good in the speed when I was driving. Steering and control felt perfect. Good set of tyres, trippy driving g with confidence in the wet, and competent set of rubber definitely. Definitely recommended

Grip and lots of grip during wet roads in the rain. For dry.. have lots of grips too (but hey.. many tyres can grip well on dry road too), and accidents mainly happen on rainy days and wet slippery roads...

Expensive.. more than $300 per tyre.. hopefully the treadwear of 420 can last me for more than 2.5years or at least 50000km well.

Jackson_ngo
Sporty but uncomfortableJackson_ngo  |15 Oct 2015
I will not recommend this product to a friend
Features 4/5 Performance 3/5
Design 4/5 Price 3/5

Volkswagen Passat

The Conti Sport Contact 5 came stock on my car. 235/45/R17 Comes with Conti Seal technology (did not test it out it's efficiency). Extremely high level of grip on both wet and dry condition. The stiff sidewall provide lots of feedback to the driver, which also transmit lots of noise and vibrations into the cabin especially at speed >110km/h Drivers seeking a comfortable ride should look else where.

Extremely grippy.

Very noisy Stiff sidewall sending lots of vibration into the cabin

Powered by:  mycarforum